Bronchiectasis is a condition of the airways (bronchial tubes) in the lungs. When you have bronchiectasis, the airways are permanently and abnormally widened (dilated) and inflamed. They can no longer do a good job of clearing mucus and bacteria from the lungs. Bronchiectasis makes people more susceptible to lung infections, so it is important that it is detected and treated early.
As the nation’s leading respiratory hospital for more than 100 years, we have evaluated and treated bronchiectasis for decades. Our doctors specialize in the management of patients with bronchiectasis and the infections associated with the condition.
Our doctors are researchers, too, so you’ll have access to the latest clinical trials and most effective therapies.
Bronchiectasis Care at National Jewish Health
At National Jewish Health, you’ll find:
- The latest in clinical trials
- A focused and integrated approach
- State-of-the-art diagnostic testing
- Continued follow-up to meet your changing needs.
- We’ll work one-on-one with you and your family to improve your quality of life to the level you want and deserve.
Learn more about the Bronchiectasis Treatment Program.